Tuesday, April 03, 2007

TOMPI



There is a good reason why my boss is NOT privileged to know the existence of this blog.

Why? Because, more often than not, a lot of interesting things happen within the restrictive office hour.

TFF called me yesterday for an album launch of a popular Indonesian jazz singer, TOMPI. She did not know who TOMPI was until her recent trip to Jakarta Jazz Festival recently.



Album launching, entertainment industry are not really my cup of tea, but this was a major exception. I love TOMPI's songs!

I can't help but to join TFF for the launch and managed to get Tompi's autographed CD, photo ops, and of course the best of all was his live performance! His



What a great day despite I had to go through massive KL jam on the way home and missing my keys.

And what a great debut for my D200 in action!



SELALU DENGAN MU

adakah waktu yg tak berbatas
untukku merasa bahagia
saat-saat aku jatuh cinta
saat ku terbang jauh ke sana
**: selalu denganmu
kasihku selamanya
selalu denganmu
cintaku bersama
kaulah matahari dalam hidupku
dan kaulah cahaya bulan di malamku
hadirmu selalu akan ku tunggu
cintamu selalu akan ku rindu



It’s hard to find a cosmetic surgeon that gets down and funky these days but some will drop the scalpel for a microphone when the feeling’s right. Fans of Jamiroquai and Stevie Wonder will dig the soulful sounds of this favorite on the Jakarta club circuit. Dr. Tompi sings from heart on his debut self-titled album produced by Gita Wirjawan and released in 2006. Though he kicks off the album with love songs, the album gets progressively funky as the beat goes on. From reggae to R&B, Tompi’s tunes are equally soulful and inspirational. If this pint-sized sensation slices as smooth as he sings, it’ll be more than just his shows that are standing room only.
source: www.equinoxdmd.com

9 comments:

StaRshOOter said...

I love tompi! Next time kasi heads up on this launch will ya...nak ikut!heheheheh

shemeq said...

starshooter:

i know what you mean. the live performance was really good.

do check out the new album. good songs!

Krew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krew said...

D200? Looks like you got a bigger toy to play with now.

Jom, let's go on a shooting spree after I come back from BKK.

shemeq said...

crewcut75:

Cool! Will do that!

In BKK, go makan at:

Lemon Grass (next to Emporium, Promphong)

Yummy authentic Thai!

bola2api said...

I heard that Tompi's coming to KLCC for a 45 mins show. But dunno when. Do u know of this? Share2 lah skit.. I also would like to see him live!

And I've got the album already :)

I've seen Harvey Malaiholo live. Bagus banget! Indonesian singers r really something lah.

shemeq said...

I was told he will perform at the concourse of KLCC. But not sure when lah. Weekend kut.

Hey, I went to Malaiholo live too in KL long time ago...

bola2api said...

oh.. I went to Ning baizura's secretary luncheon n Harvey happened to be there. So they sang a duet. too bad I didn't have a camera back then

shemeq said...

bola2api:
cool.
ning is one of my malaysian fav singers. i was impressed the first time she perfomed at hard rock cafe. she wasn't as popular then. i liked it when she sang mariah carie's numbers.