Monday, April 09, 2007

Feeling like a Zombie

My weekend was very hectic. (more hectic than weekdays!)

Earth Wind and Fire concert, organized by a HM-a multi talented with multiple businesses and interests friend. That was very enjoyable. I slept at 5am.

Farewell dinner, a couple of friends, RE & AA, who are renting out their (very very nice) apartment and moving to a landed property which will be converted into a residence, design house, art and furniture gallery all under one roof. The party is to mark the end of their stay at the apartment. Or... just any excuse to party.

Sunday morning went to F1 with HM, JD and YI. It was HOT. YI's brilliant idea to skirt the airport rather than using the usual road to Sepang Circuit saved us a lot of time and there was no jam at all. Those who went via the usual way had to go through bumper to bumper jam. Clue: Low Cost Terminal route. (jalan belakang).

After F1, I was pooped. But, have to go to a birthday party of ML. His 50th and that was fun. There was an opera singer from Bali. As usual ML also sang a couple of songs and his performance was very entertaining.

I was forced to deliver a song duet with Dr. N. So, we sang Fly Me To The Moon. It was not bad, I was told. MM and JD sang You Will Always On My Mind. I think Dr. N and I performed better ;-)

ML also included the best dressed / attired male and female of the night and even a very fantastic salsa performance.

Great party actually. I left at 1am while more than 50% of the guest were still partying.

Don't they have to work on Monday?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you sang Fly Me to the Moon? Patut la i was knocked out cold on Sunday.

The King & I

shemeq said...

King & I:

Can sing sikit sikt la, but still have to keep my day job (which bores me to death now!)
Lets do Kiara this sunday. i miss the monkkeys..

Anonymous said...

I might take up your offer although Kiara scares the hell out of me these days.

The King & I

Anonymous said...

You went to ML do?? He texted me but I was soo tired...just came back from 2 weeks of Europe trip...I think you will love Southern Italy..took nice pictures with my normal digi cam.....but I think it is my best so far ;)

shemeq said...

King & I:

See you on sunday, 8.30am at teh rear entrance on KLGCC. I havnt visited kiara for months. Probably since puasa month.

shemeq said...

Nisa:
Welcome back. I'd love to cycle in Italy one day.
When r u going to Bali?

Anonymous said...

Got lost in the mountains at the other side of the coast of southern italy and met few Italian cyclists...Mamamiiaaaa.....just looking at them made me melt already! ha!ha!ha!...Off to Bali on the 3rd week of May...where did you stay in Ubud? I've got a place in Sanur but looking for a good place in Ubud...

shemeq said...

Nisa:

I don't mind to get lost with my bike in Italy..

If you are serious about Ubud, do tell me when exactly you are going. Please refer to "What kind of guesthouse is this" post. I even posted some pics. You have to tell me way in advance as it has been snapped up just like that. A friend leaving for Ubud end of this month and did not manage to secure the the room.