Monday, May 04, 2009

Tioman Revisited




I had a wonderful time in Tioman during labor day weekend. Wonderful time – total relaxion.

I did absolutely nothing.


3 days and 2 nights were filled with eating, reading, sun bathing, sleeping by the beach.



Oh well, I did shot some pic.

I also waited for the sunrise and sunset.

The first time I went to Tioman was years ago. My brother was working for a nice resort there before and of course I stayed for free.



I still remember, that was the first time I tried jet ski and I loved it immediately. (Me and my addiction to speed.



Before last weekend, I was in Tioman about 4 years ago. But that was a dive trip where I live on board of a diveboat.



I remember we anchored at Tekek one night for dinner and night out. I didn’t enjoy Tekek at all (then). It was like a pasar malam.

After that I shied away from Tioman until last weekend.



It was a last minute decision and I had to pull some strings to get a room and a boat ride. Luckily my friends in Rompin Distric office managed to help me.

I thought I was last minute.



A couple of days before the trip ZK called to inquire what was my plan for the long weekend and decided to “nak ikut”



OK lah.

We had a good time chilling out.



As much as I don’t really like the development on the island, the trace of it’s yesteryear’s glory being the top 10 most beautiful island in the world was still there.



One thing for sure, the habitants and the tourists need to be more sensitive to the fragile nature of the island ecology.

I have to agree with ZK – Redang is a lot nicer.

Of course la, Terengganu kan!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pics, glad that u had a good break!