Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Barely won the GE, yet......

I had a breakfast appointment today with a newly re-elected, also a newly appointed member of an executive committee of a particular state. If you are choratchoret frequent flyer, you would know which state I am talking about.

I am just DISAPPOINTED with the attitude of someone who is responsible to bring in foreign direct investments into the state. Instead of promoting investments, this particular newbie threatened me, my project and my company.

I have dealt with 2 people in his position before and this one, at the moment, do not know what he is doing. His approach is totally WRONG! (Even his officers agree with me!) If this attitude continues, then all the effort done to promote the state (which cost the tax payers millions annually!) will go down the drain.

Throughout my professional life, I have been dealing with foreign companies. And now, I am representing one. They are very simple organizations. Very straight forward and commercial driven. They are not interested in local politics. Al they need is just a location with regional advantage, to be commercially competitive. My responsibility, among others, is to help them out with local issues. They bring in technology, job opportunities, trade balance and a lot of other benefits - I even pledged an allocation for corporate social responsibility purposes, to a local community.

Sometimes I get really frustrated in dealing with politicians who have authorities, but grossly lacked of corporate and trade knowledge. They miss the big picture, the future of the country. All they think about are the points to suck up to the respective Mentris Besar, and their seat for their own political survivals.

I guess some of us elected stupid leaders, and stupid tradition continues hence stupid leaders consequently appointed stupid people to be the care taker of an important portfolio of a particular state.

Enough already!

If BN does not want to lose more states in the next election, they have to be smart or else they will be left behind in their very own world – which is VERY SMALL!

I have a perfect shot for this particular post:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm.

too many stupidity there.

I think its ur time now to arise!

hehehee..

Pretty Over said...

hahahha ;-)