Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Weekend Home Theatre



I almost ditched Mr. D70s last Sunday because I couldn't stop watching the movie.

Luckily I was hungry and need to pick up the wide-angle lens from him.

I enjoyed the movie tremendously.

One of the lines from the movie, which I think worth keeping....

People:

It is what they do that makes them good or bad. A moment of love, even in a bad man can give meaning to life. Non of us knows which path will lead us to God.

Coincidently, I am currently in Singapore for Asia Mining Congress. I hope my industrial activities will not involve any conflicts. But then again, in the world where commodities are consumed far more rapidly than their extraction rate in a depleting reserve, and supply, human can do a lot of nasty things to ensure their availability.

Another interesting quote from Blood Diamond:

Something like this:

Because of diamonds, our people fight with each other. Luckily we do not have oil.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

yup i love blood diamonds to!

Kembara Musafir said...

hmmm... OIL...!! you can't believe how oil can change a country, change a person... change everything... if you have the opportunity, watch "Syriana"... believe me, there is a lot of truth in that movie... Me, on my side, I will definitely try to catch "Black Diamond" when I am back in Dxb...

shemeq said...

kembara:
i have watched Syriana and I think it is good too.
Have you watched Lord of War? It's just BRILLIANT!

shemeq said...

pretty:
And I bet you love diamonds too ;-)

Kembara Musafir said...

that is anthr movie that I have to catch... hehehe...!! dude.. you seem to be quite exposed to French culture... you stayed there...? Monsieur parle Francais...?

shemeq said...

kembara:
Je parle très peu français. J'ai vécu et étude à Québec pour 5 ans.
Yeah, about 5 years in Quebec, Canada gave me some handy exposures to their culture and language. But I am far from fluent. Just enough to get by when traveling in a francophone countries.

Kembara Musafir said...

wow... je suis impresse...! je me demande si tu parles francais avec un accent quebecois..! ce serait drole... un Malaisien qui parle francais avec un accent quebecois.. ce serais comme un Mat Salleh qui parle le Malais avec un accent Kelantanais...:)

Kembara Musafir said...

desole, il y a eu une erreur : "Je suis impressione..." apa lak impresse lak.. ya Allah... mcm "citron presse" lak jadiknye kang...!