Friday, April 04, 2008

I Am So Blessed

Apart from good friends around me, I have been blessed with "senior" friends who I know through work and business, I might have mentioned some of them in my previous posts.

DZA is still one of my favorite "aunties", or perhaps the most favorite!

She helped me a lot in many aspects of my life. Work, business and personal - and we are not even related by blood - but that doesn't matter, does it?

I called her over the weekend because another "senior" friend would like to see her, for business purposes. I haven't called her in a while. The last time we spoke, she cried - because she was so touched with my Happy Birthday sms to her.

This woman is not typical. I admire her courage, I admire her great sense of humor, and I certainly admire her affection. She is very warm and extremely funny. But don't let that fool you. She is still one of the most high ranking women in Malaysia, was in the Public Sector, now sitting on the board of a prominent bank in Malaysia. But, that's not the most important point here!

She is also a grandmother.

She loves Sudoku - she said it's a good exercise for the brain - Alzheimer is in her family history.

She's very good with her hands. She still makes great wedding hantaran.

Today, she went for a minor surgery at Pantai Hospital. I sent her a bouquet of flowers, naturally.

Her husband just sms-ed me, she's ok.

Alhamdulillah!

I hope she will be blessed with great health, as much as I have been blessed with endless great friends like her.

I hope she will be my "auntie" for a long long time!

No comments: