Wednesday, April 23, 2008

PAK LAH is the BEST thing to happen to Malaysian Politics

I had a great breakfast on Sunday with my mentor DS.



Call it a fluke - so what if it is?

During Pak Lah tenure as the Prime Minister of Malaysia:

The Parliament enhances it check and balance mechanism.

The opposition has a stronger voice, which could keep the ruling party on their toes, do their job.

The power and independence of Judiciary will be reinstated (I hope this will be a reality soon)

ACA will be independent (i.b.i.d.)

The Palaces have spoken, supporting the Rakyat

The news papers are not as pro government as before, though there are still a lot of rooms for improvement

The oppositions are also being closely watched by the rakyat to ensure they are working for the interest of the rakyat - what is this "I forgot the dateline to submit my questions to the Parliament"? - Sounds like "the dog ate my homework" kinda excuse given by my 7 year old nephew!

Most importantly:

The rakyats are the boss. We are watching. We have now realized, more than ever, the fact that WE THE RAKYAT elect the leader (on both sides). If they don't deliver, WE THE RAKYAT can FIRE them in 5 years time.

Now I can be proud to say Malaysia Boleh while our kiasu cousin is still ruled by the same, almost monopolistic / SINGular in nature, political party.

No comments: