Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Kiasu-land Got It Right!

What can I say?

I hate to admit it,

but if



Malaysia - Boleh!



The Kiasu-land - Been there, Done that! (and perhaps kept the tee shirt too! - quote unquote: DECKY)

I landed at Changi, picked up my hand luggage from the overhead compartment, crossed the aerobridge, put my hand luggage on the small trolley, well positioned signage lead me smoothly to the immigration counter, stamped my passport, proceed to the carrousel to pick up my luggage, walked through the green lane, hopped into a taxi, reached the hotel without machet, checked in and voilĂ ! I was in my hotel room!

No waiting at all!

At least I had the time to try the wide-angle lens loaned by Mr. D70s before having drinks and dinner with my Aussie partners.








A little note:

I only like the efficiency of this city-state, just that.
The city lacks of spirit.
Everything is done for money and business.

A comment given by a foreigner:

Singapore perceives itself as a developed western city. But, I, as a foreigner do not think Singapore is a western city. It lacks spirit, everything is highly regulated and sterile.


I personally feel like living in a Big Boarding School!

5 comments:

Kembara Musafir said...

eh boarding school best aper...? hehehe... main jambu, ponteng prep class, lari dari usrah, kuliah subuh... main sorok2 dgn warden hisap rokok.... hehehe... just kidding... somehow, I happen to like SIN city (stayed 1 years there)... teratur, senang nak hidup... easy to settle down I guess, that's why I liked it... have fun in SIN city...!

shemeq said...

kembara:
ironically, despite it's "clean" image - you can actually get anything. I mean ANYTHING!

Kembara Musafir said...

yeah I know... often same figures, currency jer lain.... hahaha...!

Anonymous said...

omg.

Did you just mention my name mister?

hahaha.

yeah, singapore is is too clinical. boring. I just dun understand why I can stand living in this country.

hmm. maybe they have tant**c down here yeah. LOL.

p.s i never update my blog here. so dun read mine! :P

Anonymous said...

But what's the Bike racing scene their like? I mean real bikes powered by legs not engines.