Friday, April 11, 2008

Trekking Tingheddouine - 01


A cool, fresh and clean stream at the foot hill - the trail head.



Beast of burden carried our heavy camera bags.




Bumped into village folks in olive plantations on the way up.




And kampung boy stopped to pose - while playing football, we are equally curios, I think.



Little bambino having wild berry lunch on the slope of the steep hill. Now I can see the meaning to climb like a goat. They can climb!



When we reached the top, the tea-man greeted us with salam. Hot mint tea (tarik!) was served to rest, enjoy the view while waiting for lunch.



A tent, the original Berber tent set up just for the day to accommodate our nature escapade!




And lunch is served. Home made lamb and chicken tajine specially prepared by the village people. They use their very own ingredients from the village - spices, herb, lamb and chicken. I have never tasted better tajine before, I swear!



A pose before we attacked the food. Everybody used fingers to eat their meals - the traditional way.




And finally, after the huge sinful meal and full stomach, I could hardly move, they just nudged me, I fell on the carpet and took a nice nap under the warm sun facing this wonderful view of the Moroccan snow-capped Atlas mountain range. It was like... PARADISE!

2 comments:

StaRshOOter said...

The pictures are breathtakingly beautiful! You must have had a heavenly awesome time there! jeles!

shemeq said...

starshooter:
words and pix are just not enough. if u have the chance, please experience it yourself! To me, when i went to Morocco, I felt I have traveled to somewhere far because everything is so different from what I am used to. Exotic is an understatement.