Sunday, June 07, 2009

Bella Italiana - 03


Project Gopeng(hagen?)


My first sight of the car - I was skeptical.
In my heart I went like:
David, biar betul!
From a far it looks like one of the earlier SAABs.
In the workshop yard with undergrowth exposed to rain and sun.
And the paintwork....!!!
Oh no!
Seriously, my initial response was - looks like a piece of junk.



David checked out the engine compartment. I know him. He was happy to see the engine but he, naturally, contained his excitement as he has not really negotiate the final price.




I looked at the car more closely and began to like it already and smiled - very happy. I know she's going to be nice





Damn!





Joke on cars with rear engines.
"Luckily there is a spare engine"
Or in Terengganu-speak - "Mujo ada injeng spare"





There is a spare tire on the front seat.




Original seats and upholstery.




Up on the to truck.
I can't believe David wants to drive this car back to KL.
It will disintegrate into pieces before Tanjong Malim.




In the yard with a Japanese cousin - Datsun 120Y.




Push, push, push.
You havn't any idea how hot it was. I was drenched in sweat!




Ah.. now I can see the whole car. Not bad at all.
Now it looks like a coupe.





Mechanically pulled by a winch up the carrier truck ordered from KL. The family owns several carrier trucks, apparently.



David trying to show me - woo hoo, the rear bumper is still there in the chrome is still shiny!





David said, it looked like a sports car being loaded for a race.



up up up and up



Ready to be shipped to Torina Auto, Ulu Kelang.

No comments: