Monday, December 24, 2007

Go and Fly Kite


Recent Hari Raya Haji trip to Kuala Terengganu was quite an eye opener. I have not covered kite or wau making. I had the opportunity to meet a wau maestro, Encik Mazlan.

He has been making kites for the past 25 years and his son is following his foot steps now. They don't just make kites. They make award winning kites!





As soon as I arrived at his house, I immediately fall in love with one of his kite. Very different than the wau that I have seen before. This one has batik motif on it and it's beautiful!
He didn't want to put a price, but I insisted to buy. Reluctantly he and his son agreed to a price.






I was wondering why the reluctance...
Apparently the wau I chosed has won competitions. They love the frame.





Now it is on the wall of my apartment.

It was not an easy task to squeeze the wau into my car, but we managed, surprisingly.

No comments: