Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Single and Available?

A friend just came back from his long holidays exploring Vietnam and Cambodia. His blog is well tiled with amazing photos. I envy his skills and creativity.

He posted this message in my Facebook:

"still single and enjoying it. now i see why u're hooked on bachelorhood. :)"

Which makes me think for half a day whether it is really worth it to be in a relationship when you have been single for a while and enjoying your limitless freedom in whatever you want to do.

Please lah, it's puasa month. I am not talking about series of one night stands here. I am talking about relationship whether one is ready or not.

Or whether one needs it.

Or whether one really wants it or not.

Or whether one has met the right person.

My mind is so occupied with these questions, I felt very unsettled.

At the same time, the last thing I want to do is hurting one's feeling.

I am looking for inspirations but I haven't a clue where to get them from.

Perhaps I am just too choosy.

Or I am just scared of hurting people or to get hurt.


Well, let me pop this question to you out there.


DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE IN RELATIONSHIPS?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

i do... :-)

Anonymous said...

I do... but there is also love which could make things more interesting or complicated on the other end of the spectrum... all i can say is give it a try.. follow the heart.. it might not be right but at least it takes u a step closer to knowing.

let the heart feel and let the mind wonder.

StaRshOOter said...

You are not choosy, you just dont want to settle for less.

and you are not the only one with the same questions.

:)

Anonymous said...

I am letting my heart and mind lead me....go with the flow...;)

Anonymous said...

oh i do..don't we all or isit just because we fear being alone thus the need to be in a relationhip. Does it make singletons braver? - subbyhubby

shemeq said...

pretty:
forever positive you are!

anonymous:
hmmmm. i think i have done that. i gave it a shot.

starshooter:
you shot ~ bullseye!

nisa:
yes, but what if I don't quite fancy the flow? how now?

anonymous:
braver or not, is there a choise? Nobody wants to be alone, I guess....

MBA said...

If you are afarid of being alone, you are dependent on others for your sense of self and if you are dependent on others, you block your receptivity to inner guide.

Being willing to be alone involves being willing to be different, to have committment and values that don't blend with any crowd..and there is nothing wrong with that.

vorchex said...

some relationship leads to happiness, some don't .
being in a relationship means putting ur whole life in risk. risk of being happy, risk of being hurt, risk of being sad, blabla.. are u a risk taker?