Saturday, September 22, 2007

Same spot

It may sound a bit cliche, but I love Paris.

During one of my cycling holidays I explored the romantic city on my two wheels. The sights and sound from the top of my saddle is completely different than the view from the top of Les Cars Rouges. I can hop onto the curbs and dividers, explore one arrondisements to another, stop for coffee on the sidewalk, smell the air, hear the noise.

I stopped and interacted with (friendly ~ contrary to popular belief) Parisians to ask for directions. I love the architecture, les boulangeries, les musées, les cafés, les arts et les magasins...

la liste est sans fin.... the list is just endless....

It's a great city. I can go to Paris endless times and yet, I will never get tired of it. It has some kind of artistic spirit / energy of pride that make us fall in love with the romantic city.

I love the thoroughfares so much, especially le boulevard de Champ Elysees, that

I took almost the same picture at the same spot in two defferent trips almost at the same time of the day when things start to cool down before the Parisians and tourists will be busy again walking to venues to enjoy beautiful cuisine française at chic salles à manger.....

This is one of them....






------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we are at it...

PARIS and Der Fuhrer:



After the German Army had overrun France in June 1940, Adolf Hitler' was quoted:

“It was the dream of my life to be permitted to see Paris,”

“I cannot say how happy I am to have that dream fulfilled today.”

“Draw up a decree in my name ordering full-scale resumption of work on the Berlin buildings...Wasn’t Paris beautiful? But Berlin must be made far more beautiful. In the past I often considered whether we would have to destroy Paris. But when we are finished in Berlin, Paris will only be a shadow. So why should we destroy it?”

No comments: