Saturday, September 15, 2007

Last Lunch


Last weekend, most of the 5 star hotels buffet lunch were full because a lot of people took out their family and friends for the last weekend lunch before ramadhan.

I did not have any intention to go for one of those, though it would be nice to hit Zipangu buffet lunch spread, but one of my friends was not really into raw fish. What a waste, I thought.



Besides Indonesian bands like Tompi, Ungu and Peterpan, I have recently been introduced to this popular street food called bakso (meat ball soup). I guess it's the Indon's version of nasi lemak or roti canai.

I saw bakso stalls and peddlers by the streets of Jakarta and I wasn't really keen to try. Perhaps I wasn't that adventurous then. I think my brother's horror food poisoning story when he went to Bandung kept me away from such food.



AKAR introduced me to bakso. The one in Desa Sri Hartamas (besides the signage that says: Bakso Sapi Asli), according to our bakso expert is not as good and pretty overpriced.

Last Sunday my last lunch before ramadhan with friends, with AKAR's recommendation, I decided to take JD, BS and F with AKAR to have bakso lunch in Taman Pelangi in Gombak. I know how to get there, but it's really hard to explain. It's inside Gombak housing area.

Go with shorts and tee shirts. It is just a stall, hot like having dinner in an oven!

It was simply delicious. Even BS and F who had big La Bodega breakfast had quite a bit too.



I highly recomend you to have lunch there. Try the nasi campur with bakso, pecel (ulam) and tempe (garing and hot). Gotta confirm with AKAR again whether we can have buka puasa there.

******************

It's Saturday afternoon.

1 hour 45 minutes and 30 seconds to waktu berbuka puasa....

No comments: