Sunday, September 16, 2007

I wonder what was in his mind....



I spent almost half a day in Amarapura, last December observing life in one of the biggest monastry in Myanmar. I was very intrigue with the lifestyle of the monks. They seemed very calm and contented. Most of all their lives are very simple. This shot was taken when this young monk was waiting for his lunch, the last meal of the day. After which they are not supposed to eat until the next morning. But, they can drink water. I guess he's quite hungry, just like us, waiting for time to berbuka puasa.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes,,, their life exudes simplicity and humility.

in this modern life, they still have limited needs and wants and stick to what they believe...

temptation? nah!!!

its AMAZING.

shemeq said...

I am tempted to have a simple life like that.. but than again I don't know whether I can last that long. Perhaps a 2 weeks stay at the monastry would be cool.