Thursday, September 20, 2007

An inspiration, perhaps?

la vallee de la Loire, France 2002 l'ete


I had supper alone while reading Muhibah, Royal Brunei inflight magazine. A courtesy of my friend JEN who is an editor there. An interview with Neo Rennaissance Woman , cought my attention.



Tao ~ How to make winning decision.

"You look at relationship and ask if it's right for you. Does the individual bring out the best in you? Does she/he have the education / intelligence that can stimulate you to your fullest potential? What can you contribute to enhance him / her and vice versa? This is the tao of relationship"

Ching-Ning Chu, the woman who demystifies Sun Tzu's Art of War which promotes its practical applications in everyday life.



I was thinking about it while driving home, while listening to Diana Krall and Lou Rawls singing At Last (beautiful song, go and Limewire it lah!) in the comfort of the quiet cabin of my car. I thought about the comments I got from you guys (I read all of them!) in the Single & Available? post.

Perhaps I have to agree with starshooter when she commented:

"You are not choosy, you just dont want to settle for less."

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Chorat choret,

love the last sentence...

Anonymous said...

I completely disagree :p

Allow me to state my case. There are simply no rules concerning love and relationship. Everyone needs and wants are not the same. Some ppl need love/relationship and some want it. Some will never meet the right person and some do. Some have met the right person and over time becomes the wrong person.

I have never met anyone who rather be alone then be with someone they like. There will be lots of single bars out there if total freedom gives people deep satisfaction. You are not choosy. You simply have not met anyone that you are attracted to beyond the physical realm.

From my own experience (therefore wisdom and not knowledge??), I think it is all down to luck. Ya sure there are a few ground rules and experience does help a little but the rest of it is all plain old luck. So my advice is stop thinking what you want or need. (Someone said that life is only as complicated as you make them to be). Like riding a bicyle, you will instinctively know what to do when you do meet someone whom you become attracted to.

I blame my empty stomach for this pseudo-intellectual discourse.

Unknown said...

encik zain,

"some have met the right person and over time becomes the wrong person"

me like ur pseudo-intellectual discourse.

MBA said...

Sometimes in search for the moon, we tend to ignore the flowers that blossom at our feet.

StaRshOOter said...

Sometimes when you are already comfortable with yourself, or perhaps comfortable being single, you are not too eager to have a partner or be involved in a relationship. Some people jump into relationships simply because others are doing it, or because its time to do so, or its the right thing to do. For some people they need a spark, something to trigger that special feeling, something that make them stay. shemeq needs to FALL in love, and he will settle for whatever she is made of once he is FALLEN.

Anonymous said...

Hoi Pok Leng, bulan puasa ni kau tak kerja ye? prolific giler tulis blog nih...

shemeq said...

pretty:
seriously, i have been thinking about that throughout the weekend. sampai tak mandi ;-)

zain i-ate-garam-before-you-do hafsham:

yes, i have seen the "met the right person over time becomes the wrong person" and that scared the hell outta me and i refuse to even start!

like riding a bike, i have to take some risk before i can enjoy a long sweet kiara downhill.....

i have to really think before i respond to your message. you are full of wisdom. (did i just say that?) must be the spritual cleansing during ramadhan.

mba:
ouch!

starshooter:
awww! sejuk hati saya....

babster:
eh... any pointers for me? we all need love right!

Unknown said...

choratchoret,

jangan tak mandi selalu k! ;-)