Monday, March 26, 2007

What kind of guest house is this?????


garden, courtyard leads to the main door of the house

I was recommended to stay at a newly opened guest house belongs to their friends located in the centre of Ubud, 5 minutes to the market, Ubud Palace and pura.

I arrived late because a couple of friends decided to "belanja" me birthday dinner at the most beautiful restaurant in the world called Bebek Bengil (Dirty Duck). The crispy duck was soooo yummy!

the livingroom

The guest house is actually a newly, tastefully renovated house with typically beautiful Balinese garden.It's a little private oasis b y itsefl!

Garden, with a fountain and subtle lighting with soothing sound of water. Neatly manicured lawn, with frangipani and bamboo. I could even smell the flowers.

staircase to the room upstairs. check out the balustrade!

Only two rooms in a big house then they are both big and beautiful.

Ground floor comes with another small private garden with a table and chair for your own semi alfresco dining. Mind you, they are not just a table and chairs. These are very beautiful collection of fine furniture, the owners passion.

my very own private garden attached to my bedroom. ideal to have you meal, read a book or update my journal. or have a puff....

The bathroom is large, simple yet functional decorated with flowers and vases. And the toiletries are from L'occitaine!

The only common area is a modern well equipped kitchen and living room filled with collection of antiques including a finely restored single chairs from Sacs Fifth Avenue, truly American classic.

view from the private garden shows the bedroom and the livingroom.

Any of you going to Ubud, do tell me, I can hook you up with the owner.

Since I was the first few guest since they opened the guesthouse, I was given FREE accommodation for two day in Ubud. Yeay!



To express my gratitude to their kindness, I will send a set of photos of the guesthouse for them to use for their website, or wherever fit.



II have not seen that many hotels suites. This house is far more beautiful, private and quiet.



I told you I had a fantastic holiday!

bathroom, nicer than Shangri-La's :-)

3 comments:

StaRshOOter said...

Tell you friend im coming over to Bali soon, and i want to his guest! heheheheh.

Cantik bangat!!!

shemeq said...

starshooter:

kapan mbak ingin ke Ubud?

Anonymous said...

You forgot the guesthouse's name. :P