Saturday, March 31, 2007

My First Studio Shoot

I met John Ishii during one of my friends' 40th birthday at Isthmus. He gave me some tips when I volunteered to take pics for the party.


Is photography your hobby too?

Oh.. he's a pro. A darn good one!

Oh OK

I give lessons if you are interested.

Cool!


And today was my first lesson with him and the guy is really cool, and good!

John was the only pro with full gear in Phuket on the 26 December 2004. His photograps were distributed all over the globe the very next day as nobody else had their photographers in Phuket. They either dead or their equipments were damaged. He got a bIg check from Associate Press for that. According to him AP said they have never issued such a big pay cheque to a freelancer before. Naturally, he bought a nice camera with that.


JOHN ISHII

What a guy, really!

We had 2 models (law students from local uni). They were very sporting and we had fun photographing them. (kind of wierd if I were to put it: It was fun shooting them. Doesn't sound right)



That was my first studio photography, we were briefed about lighting, backdrops, modelling, interactions etc. Quite an eye opener.

I think I have the confident to start studio photography. In fact I was told that there is a studio in Desa Sri Hartamas where I can rent for RM75 per hour and it comes with backdrops, lighting etc.



Now that I have got the hang of it, one of these days I want to get a buch of my party friends to dress up nicely and photograph them in the studio.

That would be cool.

I have always wanted to do that!




6 comments:

bola2api said...

seems like u had a good week :)

wat camera r u using now?

shemeq said...

bola2api:

I did actually.

The studio shoot was a whole day thing and towards the end, it was rather exhaustive. But great experience.

Current toy: D200 (I am so BROKE :-()

Imran said...

Excellent! I may want studio shots in my kendo armour nanti. I'll call you nanti?

shemeq said...

im:

anytime!

hope you don't mind to be my guinie pig ;-)

Imran said...

No worries, good for you cos you get your practice. I get photographs. So everyone's happy :)

bola2api said...

"I am so BROKE :-("

haha.. aren't we all...