Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Join the club!

My boss, who is like a father to me in a lot of ways, who is also responsible to introduce cycling (not a hobby, but an obsession), my mentor who have guided me endlessly in my profession and a lot of other things, can't help but to notice my passion in photography.

I suggested to him to revive his passion in photography recently before he left for a family holiday to Spain and Morroco. This is a guy who used to own a manual Nikon with a comprehensive collection of lenses including a fisheye.

He bought a D40 before he left for the holidays and that was a couple of weeks ago.

He called me on his way to the airport just now to find out the price for a D80. Yes, he is upgrading (already!).

Just as I suspected and I told him so when he bought the D40.

This guy has more than 10 bicycles (I mean expensive ones!).

I think more upgrades are on the way if the trend follows his craze on bikes.

And his pocket is very deep!

Aaahhh.. how I wish I could afford a 70-300 telephoto with VR.

6 comments:

StaRshOOter said...

Hi...Yeah,..the 70-300mm with VR is pricey..i settled with 70-300mm 4-5.6 G when i was with my D50, just upgraded to D80 and bought a 50mm 1.4 AFD, and its marvellous! Now eyeing on 105mm macro and 10.5mm fisheye! How i wish my pocket is deep too!

shemeq said...

starshooter: fellow nikon user! the 50mm is brilliant ain't it? i love it. it takes good potraits, even in low lights.

seriously, one of these days i WILL get that 70-300 with VR. Need to save some money, reduce all these eating out and unneccesary shopping...

StaRshOOter said...

i think the 70-300mm with VR has decreased its price a bit...u can get it less than 2k now...:)Which 50mm u have at the mo? 1.8 or 1.4? i had 1.8 before, upgraded it to 1.4 along with D80...Greedy camwhore...hehehhe

shemeq said...

shooter: i have the 1.4 offcourse! my shop offered me RM1800 for 70-300VR. The 80-400 with VR is RM5.8K.
Arggghhh!

StaRshOOter said...

thats cheap lah...

im trying to get a quote from a dealer...maybe i'll check that one out for u too...

I want fisheye and macro lens!

HAve u tried the shop at plaza Pudu? its quite cheap u know..

shemeq said...

starshooter: i have heard of some kedai kamera in Pudu and a printing place too but never got there. My regular shop is in Amcorp Mall, ground floor. Prices have been quite reasonable so far. i can give you the number if you want.