Monday, March 12, 2007

No events, please!

It is quite common, once your friends realize you take reasonably nice photos, they will ask you to shoot their engagements, wedding, birthdays, launches etc.

I have been approached several times for such events.

I serously think I cannot handle events espcially weddings. It's not easy when they put all their potentially the greatest occassion in their life on my little amateurish shoulder.

It is stressful and this is just a hobby, not a job.

Having said that, I do not mind to shoot during such ceremonies as the third of fourth photographer for the event.

Besides, being a moody pot I am, I have to be in the mood to shoot or i will get only crappy shots which serve no purpose to anybody.

Photography is actually hard work!

4 comments:

StaRshOOter said...

Yeah!...it is hard work indeed! But i wouldnt mind being paid to do things i like most though...hehehe

shemeq said...

starshooter: nothing, in my opinion, is better than doing something we are passionate about and get money out of it. that's my dream job!

bola2api said...

With weddings, I guess u have to match the expectations of the bride n groom. They've organized a lovely ceremony n expect the photographers to come up with lovely pics too.

shooting for weddings ni susah sebenarnya. I dunno how some ppl can make it look sooo easy!

my fren share the same sentiments with u on shooting for weddings.

shemeq said...

bola2api:

i like fren's work. very nice!