Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Dina Zaman's I AM MUSLIM


I read the book during my holiday recently. Gave it to my friend who's based in Bali for his warm hospitality.

A good friend, Dina Zaman is launching her book tonight.

Yes, I will be one of the photographers (I can't say NO, can I?)

Typical Dina, she asks a lot of questions shared by fellow Malaysians who are Muslims. A good read for non Muslims too, to understand the "dilemma" we Malaysian Muslims have and why we do the things we do and why we think the way we think.

I gave several copies to my bosses and senior friends......

I hope it's a good start for them to further understand what their children are facing, being a Malay, born a Muslim, spent a lot of time abroad and come back to face and practise Malaysia Islam.

Get a copy. A Good read.




Extracted from Dina's blog.

My book 'I am Muslim' is published by Silverfish Books and is out in the market. It's a compilation of selected essays from my former column in www.malaysiakini.com. For more information, please call Silverfish Books at 603 2284 4837. The book should be in all major bookstores by end of the month. It costs RM30, and if you order online from Silverfish Books, postage is free (within Malaysia).

No comments: