Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Pura Update



I was in Kuala Terengganu earlier today.

After lunch appointment, I went to Pura to check out the renovation progress.

Stopped by a hardware shop to check out some materials for the bathroom wall and the floor Ghrumoh Atah Tow (Rumah Atas Tol - one of the 9 houses). TITS likes terracotta with slates. I like terracotta for flooring too but prefer another really unique fine grooved rough marble materials (the shop owner didn’t know the name either!) which almost similar to those I saw in Bangkok, Bali and Jakarta hardscape. Slates are too common nowadays, I think. The materials I like are rustic but still give unique modern look.



I hope TITS reads this post and agree with me ;-)

We are not happy with its progress.

Every time I go to Pura I always promise myself to be there more regularly than I could so that a lot of things can be done faster but….. OK lah I will visit Pura again soon and try to convince the State to work faster. As at now, it is not quite presentable to visitors.



TITS also presented to me the drawing of a jetty to be built by the river at the edge of Pura estate. It looks good and gives a lot of value to Pura Tanjung Sabtu. Soon, guests can go to Bandor ( Kuala Terengganu town by boat- motor penambang). And that is very uniquely Terengganu. I am very happy with that.



I managed to catch a good nap after tea on the verandah of Ghrumoh Sunga Neghruh (Rumah Sungai Nerus - DZ’s favorite) with my shirt off enjoying the breezy quiet afternoon. I woke up almost maghrib when the dayang dayang prepared bekang kuoh ikang (bingka kuah ikan, I think!!!). Yummy!



The food at Pura is always good! Everything is prepared by the dayang dayang homemade, from a scratch.

As always, I was glad to be back at Pura and left the beautiful royal homestead with a heavy heart.

Promise will go there again, soon!


*written at Kuala Terengganu airport. Hot, humid and no wifi.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks good though - i must make a point of visiting once its ready. eh jom pi breakfast at decanters....in 2.5 hours time? hehehehe

Anonymous said...

ooeee. am thinking of going back again real soon. will be with my tok thought but i'll come visit.

shemeq said...

anonymous:
any time babe!
any time!

lil ms d:
jom.
go visit!
tell ku we what u fancy for dinner, breakfast, lunch, tea and anything in between...
may be i should bring my bike next time...

lita said...

hi, i was directed here my ms j who is fariz's friend. *love* the pura tanjung sabtu pics. they look even better than those on the official website! a friend went in 2004 (his blog link: http://fazu.typepad.com/photos/pura_tanjung_sabtu/index.html) and it already looked good then. really feel like going now. do they have non-tour rates?