Tuesday, June 13, 2006

market, sukhothai



I like to explore local markets as I am always inquisitive about the locals’ taste buds.

I must admit that I like to eat and always quite adventurous with food, with some limitations of course.

These are images of some local produce sold in Sukhothai market. They are colorful and fresh.

I find simple local authentic meals are more interesting than those in the hotel buffet spread.
In fact one of the most memorable meals I had was a simple breakfast in a little Thai village. A glass of warm soya milk (with sugar) and some chakoi. After my meal, the lady poited her finger to the other side of the street and said "menam, menam". She wanted me to check out the Chao Phraya. Like other Thais, she was very proud of her river.

Don’t you wonder how these veggies taste like?

No comments: