Monday, June 16, 2008

The power of Information Technology…. And blogs

I am NOT very surprised, in fact I am quite disgusted with leaders who do not understand or aware how information can fly to borderless cyberspace literally by fingertips.



I just got home from half-a-day drive just to kowtow to a politician who I hope will help me, by merit, to win a project. I can’t disclose anymore about the project as it could be detrimental to my little business.

I seldom watch TV news nowadays because I think they are all worse than communist propaganda, except the communists do a better job to get their comrades to work toward the same national interests and goals.



After feeling a bit nausea watching the national news highlighting (grossly undertoned) the shortage of flour in Perak, (I seriously think this is one of the multiplying effects of the new price of fuel!), I check out my favorite blogs. Yes, you have to read these blogs (political ones, especially!) with a pinch of salt, if not more. But hey, these bloggers are not fly-by-nighters! They justified their points with facts and figures, they have been around for a while and one of them even won the recent election and now a member of Parliament of Jelutong – through blogging!



There is a big danger to live in the world today if the power the information technology is underestimated. I am saying this to myself too! I still remember Bill Gates once gave an anology when he was in KL years ago during the infant days of the Multimedia Super Corridor: If the aerospace technology develops as fast as the IT industry, everybody now can afford a Boeing 747!

Not many people can disagree with him!



After going through several blogs I decided to verify certain corporate issues with someone who has inside information and very much involved in something hotly discussed in Malaysian corporate community. I will not reveal the insider’s insights on the issue as that could jeopardize my informant, me and my beloved choratchoret - Shemeq will be very upset!



I realize now, more than ever, how recklessly some people with authority and power, corporate leaders or politicians, issued statements to the press without realizing the repercussions of their action – mainly because they fail to comprehend the power of information technology – blogs included.



For weeks now, www.chedet.com has been my No 1 favorite!

pics:
Children of Sunda Kelapa - an old port of Jakarta located in North Jakarta the origin of Jakarta - where it all started.

No comments: