Monday, June 02, 2008

Buckle Up!

"Owners of locally-made cars not already fitted with rear seat belts will get them installed for free. Transport Minister Datuk Ong Tee Keat said an agreement has been worked out with the manufacturers, banks and insurance companies and a memorandum of understanding (MoU) is expected to be inked soon."

This is a great news.

I started to buckle up even in the rear seat of a car about 5 years ago when one of my friends family involved in an accident and only the mom died because she was in the rear seat of a 4wd, without her seat belt on.

After that I make it a habit, especially when I travel long distance or take the airport limo - despite getting faces from the drivers (family and friends) that say: You don't trust my driving?

Buckle up!

No comments: