Sunday, June 22, 2008

♥@ 1st sight - 16



I am quite happy with the progress of the FIAT. Yeah, it takes longer than I thought it would be but so far I am very happy with the work done and dedication shown by David the resourceful mechanic.

Since I want to get the car to be restored closest possible to its original form, I just gave him another challenge: To get me a set of FIAT 600D original rims.

He accepted the challenge, and I really home he can get them.



Two of the workers were washing the FIAT when I arrive. I wasn’t happy when I saw they were spraying the car with a strong water-jet. I told them after – hey have to be gentle when giving their tender loving care to such an old car. It might just ruin the newly done bodywork and paintjob!


I am very impressed with the re-chroming done on the rear bumper. It looks brand new and I am very satisfied with the result. So happy with the bumper, I asked David to re-chrome some other parts too.



I also pickup up the upholstery material from RS who kindly enough sourced the material and some ideas about the color chosen from his (as a designer) point of view. I totally trust his taste and creativity.

Hopefully I can send the car for re-upholstery tomorrow so that the car will be ready before the end of next week. I have ensure the upholstery shop to strengthen all the seats in the car and add more fillers in the seat after being sat on since 1960s.

2 comments:

StaRshOOter said...

This car is super cute. You will be very recognizable the next time you drive this car, you know. hehehe

Unknown said...

its so cute!!!