Sunday, June 29, 2008

♥@ 1st sight - 18



I revisited the Fiat again on Saturday just to put a pressure to Lawrence (the owner) so that he can start working on Saturday as he promised - and he did start on Saturday.

The name of the shop is Y TWO K located in Bandar Tun Razak (Boy his son is under a lot of trouble now!).

I had the feeling Y TWO K started business during the late 90s when Y2K was such a big thing of NOTHING when the year 2000 arrived.




Lawrence explained to me in detail what needed to be done and also the cost involved. He always (I mean ALWAYS) emphasizes the fact that there are a lot of work need to be done, this and that. I think he purposely did that just to justify his price - to avoind me from squeezing his price quotation further.

I am quite a tough nut to break when it comes to negotiations (or so I think?). I didn't really give him a hard time to ensure he doesn't cut corners at the expense of the quality of job done.

One thing for sure, I will not pay him a single cent, until I am happy with the job done - he has been warned from day 1.


The original upholstery. Two toned cream color. I quite like the color.







The condition of the seats are very severe. Springs need to be fixed as there are some broken ones. The fillers like sponge etc needed to be replaced to ensure its firmness and comfort.


The previous owner then has this cover (red) to cover the original upholstery. It's quite ugly. Perhaps it was hip in the 70s.


This is the material (3rd cover) that covered the car when I bought it. Ugly too.

All the work will be done here.

Meanwhile, the car will be there for a week. Hopefully it will be ready by the weekend, Can't wait to do detail touch ups and drive it around.

No comments: