Monday, June 02, 2008

♥@ 1st sight - 15

A couple of friends called over the weekend just to chat. i also received an emails asking me the status of the Fiat.


The progress is rather slow and challenging. Mainly on waiting for the spare parts bit. I have not visited Torino Auto for several weeks now due to my schedule.


I do, however, get regular updates over the phone from the ever resourceful David who personally overlook, restore and source for replacement parts.


Currently, David is waiting for the steering column to arrive from Penang. it's not brand new but the condition is a lot nicer that the one I currently have. David assured me that all the functions on the steering wheel will be functioning once replacement are done. This means the signal and light switches will be operational again.


While waiting for the parts to arrive, Torino Auto has also overhaul and re-do all the electrical. The whole wiring have been restored. Chrome parts like bumpers and other smaller item were sent to the chroming shop weeks ago. I am yet to see the result.



These shots were taken weeks ago in a workshop in Jalan Chan Sow Lin (off Jalan Sungei Besi) . There are so many workshop in that area it looks like Little Detroit! David manage to find people who can fix the rubber to hold the side windows in their original positions. They have (which is quite rare) the skill and the supply.


I am very happy even though it cost me quite a bit just to fix a pair of windows.

The supplier of the material for the upholstery has called and the material I ordered has arrived. Can't wait to get the interior done but have to wait for the steering column set to arrive first - a prerequisite to realign the steering system and the wheels.

Argghhh!

No comments: