Thursday, August 30, 2007

A non conformist

My ex boss DS.

Bumped into him at the airport last night so we decided to sit next to each other.

Meeting DS always keeps the thinking part of my brian (which is not that substatial, really) poked. I get excited and argue about things.




He is in his 60's. Retiring from all his executive positions by the end of the month. Aik, it's tomorrow! I supposed that is his MERDEKA!



The man reads the Quran, mainly the translation. If you are soft hearted and not quite liberal in analysing (NOT challeging) the meaning of God, His power and His existence, you would say....

"Orang tua ni gila, silap-silap murtad".



To me, he is doing his job, indulging in such questions to satisfy his curiosities. He wants to know for sure God is this and that as what God is supposed to be. An inquisitive mind is always better than a spoon fed one, I reckoned.

Last night throughout the flight he explained to me his theory:

"The theory of evoluion by Darwin is mentioned in the Quran."

And you know what, after his explaination, it was so bloody convincing!



We arrived at 10.15pm. He had his last official function to go to with one of the companies he chairs up till tomorrow. As usual, his kindness prevails. He got his driver to drive me home.



In the car the driver asked me:

"Encik M, bila nak kawin?"




*Ish!*


Yes, the weather in Kuantan was perfect!



*all images were taken when i was wondering around plaza mont' kiara for breakfast.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kuantan is the best!!!!! happy merdeka!!!

shemeq said...

pretty: MERDEKA!