Saturday, August 18, 2007

They played their songs, not mine

I have been going to this barber (indian, RM12 per pop) for the past 5 yrs, at least.

Everytime I went there they have their ghetto blaster volume to the max with either Tamil music or drama on TV. It is just LOUD.

Miraculously, I can still sleep while they cut my hair, and the finale would be plucking off a couple of grey hair (yes I have some of those, but not as much as TFR - Richard Gere wanna be.. hahaha).

Today, I went to the barber because my haircut is way overdue and I look like really scruffy. Besides, Red Planet implied last night that I need a haircut. So I went. I slept quite late last nite, and woke up really early this mornig (that's another post, all together). So, I wasn't in the best of my mood. I asked them to switch the loud Tamil music off.

Switched off.

*phew*

Haircut.

Slept.

Voila!

*done*

Don't you realize, they always play what they want to hear, not some nice easy listening numbers like Norah Jones or Marron 5.

Who is the customer (who is always right) here?

-----------------------------

There was another mamak I went to years ago. It was after lunch.
When he started cutting my hair, I could smell the curry on his fingers.

I asked him to stop cutting and get his hands washed first before he resumed with the haircut.

That was the last time he cut my hair.

------------------------------

Yeah, I have to go through all these. Unlike MBA, I don't own a hair salon.

*sigh*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Malaysia Boleh.... :) Must catch up soon and talk about yr new biz :D

Pretty Over said...

hahahah yup i dont own a hair salon either tho it would be nice if i have one !

euuwwww, curry smell at his hands...? i so dont want to imagine!

MBA said...

Ala, minority shareholder jea..but the good thing is we don't play Tamil music la.

Unknown said...

me dont like tamil, hindi okay la..but korean aha!!!!

shemeq said...

nisa: come to midvals. call dz. let's talk!

mba & pretty: yes.. i think i also have a fair share of korean experiance..... (Not Tamil tho...)