Sunday, July 06, 2008

It’s 7am.

A Beautiful Sunday morning.

I just came back from a night out wth a bunch of close friends and a special guest from Jakarta. Yes, we enjoyed the nightlife of KL, tremendously. I love my friends, regardless where they are from or their background.

On the way home to my apartment, an apartment which used to be a very controversial residence before things were diverted to a luxury condo in Damansara Height which I am not unfamiliar with. And I have been to the apartment (which doesn’t mean anything!)

I drove through Bukit Pantai, a very beautiful residential area, a lot subtle than its neighbors such as the neuveau riche Damansara Heights and the old money of Kenny Hills. Personally I prefer Bangsar – a bit less pretentious.

I proudly show RAN, how beautiful KL is from Bukit Pantai. It was almost perfect, if I were to have my DSLR with me.

I suddenly felt very sad with what is currently happening to my beloved city and my beloved country, tanah tumpah darah ku, who I have shared with my fellow Malaysians - Malays, Chinese and Indians and the rest of the population.

I suppressed my tears thinking about the current political fiascos, while admiring the city skylines. A city in which I have been living in for almost 20 years of my precious life. I saw KLCC when it was still a racecourse, then a big crater, and then the tallest building in the world – and now the tallest twin tower. I have seen KLIA and Putrajaya from a helicopter when they were just oil palm estates.

I have seen the city hosted CHOGAM (commonwealth leader gathering, even Queen Elizabeth was here.

I have seen the glory of Commonwealth Games in 1998.

I have heard comments from foreign investors who were impressed with the development of Malaysia being one of the Asian Tigers.

I have see and experienced myself to be proud of myself being a Malaysian when I traveled abroad. We were respected by the world, the Islamic world and the developing countries.

Malaysia Bagus.

I have always been a proud Malaysian!

But, what is happening now?

What is happening now?

I can’t help but to think that current “leaders” are biting each other, stabbing each other’s backsides for their very own selfish political agenda – and the whole innocent and hardworking rakyats are paying the price.

With this sort of attitude, none of the current leaders deserve to be where they are now.

I just hope there will be a good end to all of these so that Malaysia can go back to its glory days.

I am very confused.

But one thing I am not confused about is, every rakyat Malaysia like me, Malays, Chinese, Indian dan lain-lain included, are very sad with the current state of our country. We, the rakyats have been working very hard to achieve what we have achieved so far. We aspire to be a better citizen for our country, to live happily in a country we truly love.

I really hope God will be with us all, to bring back Malaysia to its glory.

The implication of these uncertainties can be very disastrous for Malaysia.

I beg, whoever it is, the power that be, to do the right things to bring back the Malaysia we love to the rakyats.

Insyallah. (God’s willing)

Amin.


My selfish self says:

I love and proud of this city.
I aspire to excel in my little business, my own way to contribute to the economy.
One day I, will too, have a house on the slope of Lembah Pantai, with glass wall from ceiling to floor where the whole horizon of the city I love smiling right in-front of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wei....i need cik nah's nasi dagang or nirvana sooooon!!!! lousy weather here. just got back from dinner.will be back in kl on the 14th!

shemeq said...

TFF,

I know u.

I need my b'fast parner soon!

14th? lambat giler!