Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Low Cost Career Terminal

Each time I return from somewhere via one the country important gateways, I swear at whoever is responsible to the design and approved the project.

"SINGAPORE, 9 Nov (2006) - It's another bouquet for Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad (Malaysia Airports), when it's newly opened Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT-KLIA) was named CAPA Low Cost Airport of the Year at the CAPA Aviation Awards for Excellence here tonight, barely seven months after it started operations."

I do not understand how it won the above award.

The passenger traffic flow is ridiculous where international and domestic arrivals are located on the opposite ends.




Taxi pick up is located at the domestic arrival end. You have to push your luggage through 1 million people who arrive by private cars, taxis and buses. So the entrance is always crowded and chaotic.

Well, that's not bad enough.

If you arrive from abroad without any local currency (RM), the money changers nor any ATMs are located in the arrival hall, you have to go out to the main area near the departure hall to get your money changed or withdraw cash from the ATMs

The worst thing is, non of the taxi counters in LCCT accepts credit card. NOT EVEN ONE!! 

My personal experience: I arrived from Bangkok after midnight without any RM left in my pockets (yes I sort of overshopped!). Looked for ATMs, all out of service. Money changers, all closed. I even took a cab to KLIA main terminal building, NON of the ATMs was working. How am I supposed to get home?

Can you imagine being a tourist who has to go through this crap? 






LCCT was completed in 2006 at a cost of RM108 million. And we spent hundreds of millions of RM on Visit Malaysia campaigns but those incompetent bastards in the government are just too stupid to even get basic things right.

I don't know how they won the award. To me OUR AIRPORT IS ONE OF THE WORST IN THE REGION.

Malaysia Truly Asia campaign is getting anywhere?
THINK AGAIN! 

Happy New Year Malaysia! 



pix: jalan monkey forest, Ubud

No comments: