Monday, January 28, 2008

♥@ 1st sight - 11

Went to visit the Fiat the other day. It was raining heavily in Sunway.

I am quite happy with the progress. However, I have learned from experience, don't pay too much of deposit. Hang on to some until they deliver a good job. mean while I just be nice to them. If they screw up, that I will give them my kind words.

I told them, I have the time to wait - though not forever. Top most priority - a job well done, with perfect details.

By now they should know my expectation.


Maniam explained work done.

Parts of the car, cut out to be replace with new panel. This was the parts below both sides of the door. They have been eaten by corrosion.

From the parts I could tell the car was done about 3 times before but the previous people who worked on it didn't even cut out the old corroded part. It was sealed inside plasters / cement. A crude way of doing it. I will not accept such workmanship.



Another "cancerous" part - on the way to the bin. This piece was a part of the engine mounting section from the rear of the car. The skillful workers from Myanmar made painstakingly by hand a replacement.


The mud guard was severely affected by rust. Noe it has been rebuilt.


Door panels got their complexion fixed. Knocking takes hours.





The interior.




The interior showing the work done on the door.


Work done on door - close up.


The newly replaced panels underneath the door. Looks fresh and good!



Hang in there! they promised your body will be shining with"blanco" white (original Fiat 600D color) before Chinese New Year!

1 comment:

Pretty Over said...

i cant watch!