Saturday, June 02, 2007

PERHENTIAN REVISITED




I am at Senja Bay Resort, Pulau Perhentian.
Arrived earlier today after a hard and literally back breaking task photographing authentic food by the small and unique Chinese community in Terengganu predominantly in Kampung Cina Kuala Terengganu.

Extremely interesting, totally exciting and really touched my heart deeply. It has been part of Terengganu culture for hundreds of years.

Not just 50 years.

I was the photographer and food stylist all in one, and bloody cheap. (Free mah!)

That’s another blog altogether.

Times like this I were a good writer. But don’t worry, I’ve got everything (almost) in jpgs and raws.

OK, I am back in Perhentian. Been here scores of times. Still idyllic just the way I remember it. Quite happy to see the government is improving Kuala Besut jetty. I was pissed off because they locked the public toilet during lunch time. What up with that!

I am going to be here for a couple of days just to chill and lepak, doing absolutely nothing but sleeping, eating, diving, eating, eating……

The stretch beach where Senja Bay is located is rather quiet as there are not many chalets here. It faces the sun set and I just snapped great sunset shots straight from my room located up the cliff of the bay.

Trust me it’s just beautiful. Paradise.

It feels different, absolutely peaceful.

This entry was posted in Senja CafĂ©, right after watching the sunset by the beach……

No comments: