Saturday, June 16, 2007

Passion=Obsession=Eccentricity

I have a passion. In fact I have several passions.

I have a couple of friends who are passionate about various activities. To certain degree, some of them are rather obsessed and some are mere eccentric. I personally do not see it as something negative.

I guess I am one of them.

SAMPLES:

DS has more than 20 bicycles.

RARS has more than 100 pairs of Levi’s 501.

PU has library of old books at home with a lot of classics including Malay literature by Prof Dr Hamka. He is, naturally an historian. He calls all his cats (more than 5) by the same name (how weird is that).

And I, for years, when going abroad was super big deal, wrote postcards addressed to myself from the places I visited for the first time. I still have them.

Weird kan?

4 comments:

Ms J said...

oh...memang weird..but adorable lah. my idiosyncrasy? going on my emotional roller coaster. :-)
a friend of fariz is a friend of mine so i hope oyu dontm ind that i drop in everynow and again...saya bagi salam dulu

shemeq said...

ms j:
waalaikaumussalam ;-)

i just remember 2 more wierd friends I have:
DrK - He loves to run and he actually gets into minute details about running et al. He can explain to me about just running shoes for half an hour.
AM - Crazy angler. He has more than 30 fishing rods. I remember once he just came back from his fishing expedition in India and told me the stories everyday for about a month.
Weird!

Unknown said...

no ur not a weirdo as my fren does that as well ;-) (the postcard thing i mean-self post)

shemeq said...

pretty:
great minds think alike, perhaps ;-)