Saturday, June 16, 2007

He is CRAZY.. in a good way...

I am at Pura at the moment in the dark in my little suite (Rumah Nesan Empat).

Rather quite. I can only hear the crickets, gentle and cool air blowing (from the air conditioner). It’s a cool night - it rained earlier.

I just came back from town. I had to lock the gate – 150 meter from the house. I went to TITS room to say good night. While waiting for him to get me a bottle of water I look around me in semi darkness.

The typical old Terengganu roofs with thin pieces of clay tiles – surrounded me. I felt like I am covered with beautiful expression of traditional Terengganu architecture - all the 6 houses and the 7th situated about 100 meter by the river, away from the fantastic cluster of TITS’s wonderful piece of work. I can’t help but to wonder in amazement, of course, how the heck did he do it when he is neither an engineer nor an architect. So much time, creativity and resources….. and sweat. Determination - definitely phenomenal.

To see it again and again, still feels like the first time.

My last word to TITS before I wished him good night:

Ku We, you are CRAZY for recomposing such a magnificent PURA, le petit palais.

No comments: