Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cape Town Revisited


I just came back from Cape Town, 10 days of really good fun.



Perfect cycling weather. My brother would appreciate this (and sooo do I). Next time, I want to bring my bike!


It was my second time there but I don't mind going there again.

There are so many more things to see and lots of (outdoor) things to do.




I cooked dinner for my wonderful hosts. This one is stir fry vegetables purchased from Pick & Pay supermarket.



This time around I pretty much covered not just Cape Town, but also almost the whole Cape Peninsula.

I took MANY photos.


Waterfront - always a lot of people - locals, tourists and buskers! Really cool place for everybody. We had dinner there once at an African fine dining Restaurant.


And I climbed up the great Table Mountain - hiking. It was wonderful experience. The view at the top - takes your breath.



I cooked breakfast, sometimes, for me and my hosts.


When we drove through beautiful little towns like Camps Bay (beautiful mansions overlooking Atlantic Ocean with the 12 Apostles as backdrop), Betty's Bay (African penguin colony), Hermanus (Whale Watching), Cape Agulhas (the southernmost tip of Africa) and many many more.




Drove up to Signal Hill admiring the bird's eye view of Cape Town.


I am back to reality now and quite busy with work and photography. I will try to share some photos - soon.




I purchased this in Long Street downtown Cape Town. A painting on plywood - from the Year 1974. I hand carried it, even the South African customs people liked it at the airport. I couldn't fit the overhead luggage compartment on board. The stewardess was kind enough to store it in the cabinet in Business Class.

No comments: