Tuesday, October 03, 2006

shooting spree @ masjid india

I have been procrastinating to make my baju melayu this year because I have been busy travelling. I finally got the chance to do it last weekend. A friend of mine, who is an avid photographer has been wanting to capture the festive mood during ramadhan when KLites busy with their Hari Raya shopping.Perfect!




KL traffic is never my favorite about the city but photography and baju melayu were the two main motivators of the day. I braved my way to Jalan Masjid India, jam central especially in the dawn of Hari Raya and Deepavali. Yes, I did break the (traffic) law to get into a parking lot faster. (They change the traffic flow!)



The sky was slightly overcast; therefore the weather was quite mild for KL standard. That could be the reason why most of the people I encountered were friendly and never hesitated to get their pictures taken with carved smiles in teir faces. Perhaps they thought I was from the press who could give 15 minutes of fame. Or, perhaps they were very happy with the brisk sales of their merchandise. In any case, the mood was festive, everybody was happy, including me!




It was the sights of warna warna (colorful) Malaysia. The foods, the fabrics, the flowers… even the people.




Perhaps I have taken KL for granted. I am beginning to think (and I think I am absolutely right) there is so much KL can offer, comparable to the markets I have been abroad. We have so much, at least the sights and feel of festive season, to offer.

I was not born in KL. I did not even grow up here when I was a teenager or younger. I can't help to feel very at home here.

No comments: