Thursday, October 05, 2006

pulau pangkor folks

A fisherman, fixing the baits for his next fishing trip. Visibly an English soccer fan..


Boat builders, leaving their "office" for lunch. I was diappointed. I want to take individual pictures of them in action, but hey, they gotta eat too!



Auntie, could be the big towkeh's wife. Perhaps she is the towkeh. Sorting out ikan bilis. I watched her hands and fingers movement... almost hypnotic! Her little grandaughter was around too, but she's scared of camera... or me?

3 pakciks ship fish from Pangkor to Lumut port. They work like machines. No verbal communication needed. They did their work rather quietly but fast, almost on automatic mode. They left the jetty waving at me with smiles...




This chinese lady makes mee swa. She explained to me how it is done. 3 big bags of flour needed in a day's production. The mee is green because they use spinach for coloring which also give a nice subtle flavour to it. I bought 2 packets home and it's gooood! yum yum!

A boat driver in Lumut. He transports workers to worksites.

My friend posted a question while looking at these photos...

"What would life be without these folks?"

No comments: