Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Chow Kit the market



I have been going to Chow Kit several times this year since a friend introduced me to a little authentic Kelantanese restaurant called Pantai Timur or also known kedai Sahabat Kita that serves delicious dish itik kerutuk. I have always wanted to snap some pictures around the restaurant which is located at the edge of the market.

To tell you the truth, I have never entered the market as it looked quite dark, gloomy, wet, and smelly from the outside.

Over the weekend, since I am celebrating Hari Raya in Kuala Lumpur this year, I took the opportunity to explore Pasar Chow Kit. It was not as smelly as I thought it was. For those of you with faint hearted, you have to brace yourself before you get into the little maze with countless local delicacies.

I have to say the prices are way more competitive than those of TMC and Cold Storage. And the choices of local produce are far superior.

I would like to share with you m very own visual experience of the famous market. These images, divided into 2 parts (the people of Chow Kit and the colors of Chow Kit) are not fair representations of the market. You have to experience yourself the sight, sound and smell of the market.

It was a bit chaotic, but, that’s Chow Kit for you. Organized chaos in action.

Enjoy!


No comments: