Friday, October 06, 2006

it's just not the same…..

Life without passion isn’t life.

I have friends who still burn the midnight oil almost everyday. I have colleagues who work like robots. They just don’t have a life.

I cannot understand that kind of people.

I agree you need money to pay for your mortgage, holidays, cars, bicycles etc. Yeah…but, money is not everything!

I hosted a dinner at last night. I was very honored to be surrounded by the owner of Pura Tanjung Sabtu, a very good friend, an established writer who just came back from a writers’ workshop in Ubud, an acquaintance who found Kota Gelinggi (the lost city in Johor).

The company was fantastic! The ideas were wild and just keep on flowing! The ambience was warm and friendly! It’s like suddenly you know for a fact that you were with a bunch of good people, who share a deep passion as you.

Nobody. I mean nobody asked: ”So, what is it for me?”

It is different when you do things out of passion, compared to doing it for money.

No comments: