Sunday, October 29, 2006

First ride after Ramadhan



It was just brilliant! Very refreshing!

Of course we went to our favorite Ulu Langat route. The weather was perfect and the sky was clear, haze-less. Totally haze-less.

I did quite well actually. I reached the top of Genting Peres (border of Negeri Sembilan and Selangot) first, ahead of everybody else.

2 possibilities. Perhaps my friends wanted me to taste the glory of reaching the top first, or I was riding with 2kg less of my body weight which was shed in Ramadhan. What ever the reason may be, I am very happy and it was a great ride.

Or is it because of my newly acquired carbon bike???

It was very refreshing to meet up with my riding buddies again after one month. We wished Selamat Hari Raya to each other. This is the kind of healthy camaraderie I really appreciate and enjoy.

Without fail, we talked about political and social issues (apart from our dream cars of course!).

A friend expressed his concerned about the youth back in his kampong with drug addiction and AIDS. He was disappointed to find out one of the oldest golf clubs in the country have been developed into some big property development project.

Unfortunately, the problem is very serious in many kampungs in Malaysia. I think the key to this is purely education and awareness. Our values have deteriorated. Present day leaders only interested in building physical infrastructure, buildings and bridges. Moral, culture and heritage are not in their top most priority.

I wonder what will be the identity of future Malaysia generations….

1 comment:

bola2api said...

which carbon Trek that u have here?

mine is 1400 WSD, size 43.