Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Kuala Lumpur


It has been almost 3 years we have not gone back to Terengganu for Hari Raya and I am getting used to it.

It true that I don’t have the thrill of spending the last day of Ramadhan surrounded with temptation of kampong delicacies (like koleh kacang, khasidah, pulut lepa, my favourites) around you, last berbuka puasa with the whole family on Hari Raya eve, or the busy preparation for hari raya like going to the market and get the ingredients for our signature dish (nasi to be served to our guest during pagi raya. Most of my immediate family is here and by the day after tomorrow, everybody will be here for a family BBQ.


*right after sunset, at a lookout point on the edge of Ampang, on the way to Ulu Langat.


Even though this is not my home town, this is home to me for now.

I have a bunch of friends here who also celebrate Hari Raya in KL. So, it’s not kampong, it’s still Hari Raya and it's home, nevertheless.

Besides, the traffic in KL during this time of the year is just excellent!

No comments: