Tuesday, August 26, 2008

There is still HOPE!

I, and perhaps the rest of the nation too, have been complaining about the price increase in tandem with the price of crude oil per barrel - even roti canai and telur tiga suku masak dented my shallow pocket.

On the way to the office, half awake I stopped by the stall behind TMC where I normally get my regular dose of Kari Kepala Ikan (underneath a big tree) and Sweet Appam.

Typically, solo breakfasts are very productive. Oblivious about my surrounding, I made phone calls and listed down things to do and ate a plate of roti kosong banjir and a glass of teh tarik.

Done with the meal I asked:

Boss! Brapa?

Satu Ringgit.

Noooooo!

U apa makan?

Roti kosong sama teh tarik.

Teh lima puluh sen, Roti lima puluh sen.

Oh. Thank you boss!


I walked to my car and felt a bit richer today.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

50 sen for roti and 50 sen for teh tarik ?? thats a steal !!

in my office cafeteria its RM1.00 for EACH !

Anonymous said...

lims,

it is DIRRT CHEAP!! how come u can get that for only RM1?, unless u are in Kuala Berang or Gua Musang..