Tuesday, January 27, 2009


Choratchoret frequent flyers know that I am a person with 1 million things to complain about.

I think more often than not, I have a case.

I recently arrived at KLIA. I didn’t really feel like taking the ERL because I have of waiting another 20 minutes for the next. Not only that. I also hate to gamble whether there will be a taxi to take me home from Sentral to Bangsar.

ERL is HEAVEN, but KL Sentral is HELL.

So I decided to take the KLIA budget taxi.

A stable of them awaited for me at Door 3. A spanking new Proton WAJA.

Clean.

The cabbie greeted me with a smile.

Bu the hospitality at the door of our country just ends there.

I only have 1 hand luggage.

The taxi driver didn’t even bother to help me with my luggage. He just pointed the boot of the car to stow it.

If I were a tourist, I would ask:

“Is this Malaysia Truly Asia hospitality?”

The GOOD thing is though, before we left the airport, the taxi driver asked me to key in the name of my apartment in the – GPS. So I keyed in the 12 alphabets represent the name of my residence.

Pressed ENTER

Voila!

I like this hi-tech thing.

It reduces your interaction with the cabbie when you are not in the mood to talk or bitch about Malaysian politicians, the PM included.

Without much exchange or words between the cabbie and I, we reached the destination. The GPS confirmed it.

As the cab stopped, the driver came out and opened the boot.

All he did was pointing at my luggage with the expression on his face:

“Pick up your own freaking your own freaking luggage you dumb-ass!”

I picked up my luggage and before I left I automatically said THANK YOU.

I regretted it.

Thanks for what?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasup Bro?... You called. I was still asleep.

Jasni Jaal

Anonymous said...

Maybe if you're a woman he'd helped you with the luggage. But I still dont like cabbies...Asyik kene tipe jer...hehehe

Unknown said...

i pernah queue for like an hour for a taxi even at the KLIA...

bosan...bosan....

to make it worst, no cute guys around.

like the pic by the way...