Monday, July 02, 2007

Bon Weekend




As usual, more often than not, I had a good weekend.

Didn't get to do my cycling because DS was not available for a spin in RRI's network of single tracks (bummer!). I really wanted to go but DS was not available. My Kiara buddy TIGER HILL was not contactable and just found out he was in The Land of the Rising Sun last week.

Luckily KLw came out with this brilliant idea to go canoeing in PD - Port Dickson. It was a good day trip. Since I was driving the shift stick, I decided to drive through the old trunk roads - the roads I used to ride my bicycle on several times and one of it was the Merdeka Ride when we rode to Batu Pahat from Bangi. (the slim and mean Zain was there too!) That was a great ride of the year!

Apart from being able to really exploit the handling capability of the shift stick on such roads, it is interesting to go through these roads as there are more things to see (or perhaps more food to eat?). We actually stopped by a couple of times to buy some dragon fruits and ate durian by the road side. The durian - SEDDAP GILLER!

I still remember one trip to PD right after the JE (Japanese Encephalitis - a disease that is spread to humans by infected mosquitoes in Asia, related to pigs too) outbreak, some smart ass doctored the "WELCOME TO PORT DICKSON" sign with a graffiti to:

WELCOME TO

PORK DICKSON

**oink oink image is from www.allposters.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

please dont remind me of the good old days.. sob .. sob.. sob..

*gobbles up a cheese cake*

-zain hafsham-

shemeq said...

zain:
knowing you.. i think you are busy having a program of secret training and the competiton starts before even your butt is on the saddle.

lets race: kiara full loop!

:P