Sunday, July 15, 2007

Bangkok Revisit

Welcome back to the land of tuktuks and massage parlors

As usual, I hang around LL the whole day since BG is busy with work. I just arrived 15 minutes and I was ordered to accompany her to Siam Paragon. Glad I went because the whole Bangkok is on SALE. It’s not MEGA sale. It’s BETTER.

And, as usual, we had lunch by the roadside, with the locals. Delicious and bloody cheap!

I was shopping the whole day with LL. She is a shop-a-holic, I m NOT. After shopping, she consolidate all the items purchased into one big shopping bag so that when BG (hubby) greets her at home she appears to be shopping only at one place. As a matter of fact, we went to 4 shopping malls today. 4 big ones.

I have to say, shopping can really make you happy (until the credit card bills arrive, of course!). We keep on convincing each other that we’ve got the best deal, better than KL and we need whatever we just purchased. It’s true! We do! Or else we wouldn’t be shopping.

Seriously, this is not my first time shopping in Bangkok. It is just a lot better than in KL. It’s cheaper, and ample of choice! Besides, when you are hungry, you can always chill at the food court where they have vast variety of food and, again, reasonably price. Service: EXCELLENT!

I ordered mango with sticky rice (each trip, without failed) for dessert at the food court. After a while they came back and said: sorry sir, the mango we have is not sweet enough. Could you wait for a few minutes for us to get better mango.

I was like: Yes, please.

I love this place.

Some of you might think Bangkok is always jam lah, dirty lah, sleezy lah bla bla bla! To me, that’s Bangkok. If its jam, take the BTS (skytrain). Sleezy? Go to the nicer venues which are available all over the city. Dirty? No lah! Go to the clean area lah.

Tomorrow, no more shopping. Just a day of relaxing. Breakfast / Lunch, massage, spa… (Ok lah, we have to check out just one more joint: Thomas Pink. I hope there is something affordable….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am definitely going for BKK for R&R and Shopping...the last time I was there was for work...I plan to go to Hua Hin for major R&R...i heard the boutique hotels there are gorgeous....have fun ;)

shemeq said...

nisa: book early! try dinner at the Oriental. Fantastic!