Sunday, January 08, 2012

Beautiful Indonesia, Gili Trawangan



Typically most of us only know places like Jakarta the capital, Bandung for shopping, Bali for beach holidays.
The divers normally know more off the beaten track kind of places such as Raja Ampat, Komodo, Menado etc.
I recently explored Gili Trawangan. It’s like one of Indonesia best kept secrets. I got to know about it from an Indonesian friend. The first Google image convinced me the trip is worth it. A little island near Lombok where there is no motor vehicles - just horse carts and bicycle as means of transportation. Besides I planned to celebrate the the arrival of 2012 in Bali anyways.
I had a fantastic time enjoying he island life, mingling with the locals, watching sun sets, eating fresh seafood lunch and dinners on the cabana overlooking the sea, the other 2 Gili  Islands, Lombok and Bali islands with the majestic  view of Mount Agung and Rinjani.
Politics and ignorance of some parties aside, I think Indonesia has a lot to offer. I have been told about Karimun Jawa and Jazz Gunung festival up Mont Bromo.
Since I am not the Jakarta and Bandung type of guy, perhaps these 2 destinations are already on my list.



No comments: