Sunday, December 14, 2008

Doc, take off your shades!

Why?

Enjoy the view! (of the climb to Genting Peres – the border of Negeri Sembilan and Selangor)

You have to be there to appreciate the (cycling) beauty of the place. The horizon of different shades of green, the mist and the clouds lurking like cotton wool, the fresh air, perfect road-ride weather. We were surrounded by hills of trees and jungle of millions of years old riding our bikes with latest Kevlar and carbon technology.

This is the joy of cycling.

The joy that keep my butt on the saddle.

The joy of being liberated.

The joy of being a child again!



I purposely called DRK yesterday and committed myself to have an early ride. It was some kind of deterrent from going out clubbing and come back at three and spends half of Sunday in bed – something I want to reduce significantly.

While the SuperSix (minus 1 or 2) just got home from a party or an after party, I was already up and showered (on weekend? Hallelujah!)

It was a great ride, considering I have not been climbing for a while, I did well. 50km two hours saddle time.



As usual, we took a dip in Sungai Langat. Cold, but bloody refreshing. I was a skeptic until I soaked myself and felt like I didn’t want to go up.

Had a nice time chatting with other jovial endorphin loaded fellow cyclist while having breakfast at a kopitiam in Batu 18.



After 3 half boiled ayam kampung, a cup of Milo and 2 set of roti (homemade) kaya, I hit home and had a deep nap.

Lovely!

But then, it could be lovelier………

;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovelier = a shared nap perhaps ...

:-D