Saturday, December 20, 2008



Joyeux Noël
et bonne année


Vic, a business partner from Australia was here recently. I took his shopping for watches in KLCC.

He was very impressed with the size of Christmas tree on the concourse level.

Man, this is the biggest Christmas tree I have ever seen. It is interesting M for Malaysia to have this besides the fact that it’s a Muslim country.



Craig, we started as business friends but now I consider him a friend friend, from South Africa.

I recently shot him an email to get his postal address to send him the (non virtual) Christmas card. (Something I do every year for Hari Raya, Chinese New Year and Deepavali and I make a point to personally sign each of them, not my secretary!)

Craig went:

Hi M,

Good to hear from you! My multicultural international friend – a Christmas card from a Muslim.


Not many people (even those who have been to Malaysia, or even some Malaysians) realize how tolerant we are, as Muslims and as Malaysians.



Side note: in Indonesia Christmas tree is called pohon natal.

No comments: